What is the optimal first-line ART regimen?
The optimal first-line regimen in most resource-limited settings that we support is a 3-drug combination consisting of Tenofovir (TDF) + Lamivudine (3TC) + Efavirenz (EFV). This dossier includes information on the following points:
- How to phase in use of TDF
- including renal function monitoring
- Use of TDF in pregnant women
- Safety of EFV in the first trimester of pregnancy
- Which drugs to use in those co-infected with TB or active hepatitis B
- The evolution in price of EFV