Patient Support tools for HIV-infected children
The following set of tools has been designed to assist HIV programs and health care workers in supporting HIV-infected children and their families, including:
- Patient Support for HIV-infected Children Guide: This guideline is meant to assist HIV programs in the design and implementation of support strategies specifically aimed at children. It contains background information, recommendations around a minimum package of activities for children, as well as training modules for health care workers. It is available in English, Français, and Português.
- Child counseling cards: These cards act as basic visual aids to facilitate communication with children and adolescents on issues related to HIV. They are available in English and Français.
- Setting-specific HIV disclosure counselling guides are available from projects in Khayelitsha (partial and full disclosure), Chiradzulu, and Thyolo.
- A DVD exists that is entirely devoted to educational materials and background literature on paediatric support. The DVD can be ordered by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com, MSFOCB’s Patient & Community Support Advisor.
- Date November 2, 2013
- Tags HIV, Patient education and counseling